Thursday, January 04, 2007

brass tacks, etc.

Back to Indy. Survived the flight and all, although very choppy over Chicago. The lady next to me was reading a prayer card and I have to say I was saying my Hail Marys too. My Catholicism comes back strong when I'm flying. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. But at least I don't reduce all religion to what John Locke called a "salvation society." That's another story.
1. I had a three-hour layover so I spent a lot of time in bookstores reading over management strategy books. I find this stuff fascinating: it's good to see what the enemy is doing, and also to remember that these ideas come from somewhere. Marx would be very proud of this interest: he was always immersed in this kind of detail.
2. Working through Althusser as well. Surprisingly readable stuff.
3. Already looking forward to next summer. Think I want to go to Japan.

More pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home