Wednesday, January 24, 2007

blog neglect

Yes I know, no posts in a while. It's not like I'm getting millions of comments anyway.

Thinking just now of something I remember, from Transformer (the excellent biography of Lou Reed). This is something that Moe Tucker also mentioned in a VU documentary I saw a while back. Lou is one of these big record collectors, and apparently well into the 60s he'd saved up all his old 45s of doo-wop, Johnny Ace and other R+B, Ornette, god-knows what else. Some awesome awesome stuff I'm sure. Mostly doo-wop I guess though, and other early rock and roll. Anyway, of course at this time Reed was living dangerously down on the Lower East side, and someone broke into his place and stole *all* of his records. It boggles the mind. Can you imagine what kind of value this would have today? Right now? Lou Reed's record collection?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home