Thursday, November 30, 2006

Not much time...

Yes it's coming to that part of the semester. Not much time to blog or do anything else for that matter. I am listening to music though as always. Heavy rotation:
1. Ray Davies, Other People's Lives. Wow -- this is such a great record. His first solo after the Kinks. Much of it written and recorded in New Orleans, and a reflection on America rather than his usual Brit-centric outlook.
2. Strokes, First Impressions of Earth. When I heard "juicebox" I thought it was crap. The video was annoying too. Turns out the record isn't bad.
3. the Eat, Live. Recorded in 1981 or something. If you're not a fan of the Eat, then you won't care too much about this record. It is really good though if you like early 80s punk of the KBD variety. It's hand-silkscreened and comes with a bunch of baseball cards inside.
4. Live Fast Die, Bandana Thrash Record. This is my favorite record right now. It totally rules.
5. Destroyer, Streethawk: A Seduction. Marijke, I want my copy of this cd back along with the Clinic cd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home